This Summer Dish is ideal for the BBQ. Our Ruby Red Devon thin cut or minute steaks are perfect for these skewers marinated in lemon, chilli and oregano. Served with a nice crispy salad and crusty bread.
BBQ Steak Kebabs
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 34 Minutes
Serves: 4 People
- 450g of thin cut sirloin or minute steaks
- ½ small cucumber sliced
- 200g bag of mixed salad leaves
- 1-2tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 small shallots finely chopped
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2tsp creamed horseradish sauce
- 3tbsp olive oil
For the Marinade
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp chopped oregano
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
- 1tsp dried chilli flakes
- Salt and black pepper
- Place the steaks in a shallow bowl. Mix the marinade ingredients together and pour over the steaks. Cover and marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight if possible.
- Prepare the salad; place the cucumber, leaves, herbs and shallots in a large salad bowl. In a small bowl whisk together the red wine vinegar, horseradish sauce, olive oil and seasoning. Pour over the salad and toss well. Cover and chill in the fridge until needed.
- Thread the steaks on to 4 short metal or wooden skewers (if using the wooden ones please remember to soak them in water for 20 mins first) and cook on a prepared BBQ or in a pre-heated grill for 2-4 mins turning occasionally, until they are cooked how you like them.
- Garnish with extra parsley and serve with the salad and focaccia bread.